Welcome to Our Columbus, MS, Eye Care Center
We invite you to experience a premier standard of family eye care at Brooks Eye Center! We provide everything your family needs for eyes, and our friendly, expert eye doctors are pleased to have served Northeast Mississippi with clear and healthy vision for more than 42 years.
Eye exams for everyone! Every pair of eyes is unique, which is why our optometrists personalize all eye exams to consider the needs of the individual patient. We perform comprehensive eye exams for all ages, from pediatric to geriatric, with a focus on your personal health, vision condition, stage of life, family eye history, and visual expectations. Our Columbus, MS, office is equipped with precise diagnostics and technologies to ensure that your eye exam results are complete and accurate.
In addition to eye exams for children and adults, we also provide the latest treatments for eye disease, contact lenses fittings, relief from dry eyes, emergency eye care, and co-management for LASIK. Call ahead to book your eye exam or stop by at your convenience to shop our fabulous optical collection of specialty glasses, sunglasses, designer frames, and contact lenses. Join our many satisfied patients from Columbus, MS, and all surrounding neighborhoods!
Take a good look at Columbus, MS!
Columbus, MS, is located on the eastern border of Mississippi, adjacent to the Tombigbee River (also known as the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway). We’re proud of our historic town and happy to share the sites with everyone who lives in or near Columbus, MS, or with anyone just passing through! Here are some of our favorite local attractions:
- Perhaps the greatest claim to fame that Columbus, MS, has is that it was once home to Tennessee Williams, the beloved Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright. You can visit his first home, which doubles as a visitor’s center for the city.
- The scenic Columbus Riverwalk is a fabulous way to gaze at all the glorious nature that surrounds us. Stroll along the 4.4 walking trail (or bike it) that starts at Main Street and follows the line of the Tombigbee River. Watch out for the majestic bridge that gives stunning views of the area.
- If you’d rather explore Columbus, MS, in a car than on foot, we recommend the African American Heritage Driving Tour to view sites significant to the African-American community. You’ll also see the Blues Trail Markers and learn about local musicians who played in role in blues history. Stop by one of the restaurants in Catfish Alley too, where African-Americans gathered in the late 1800s to cook up fresh catfish.
- On the topic of history, Columbus, MS, proudly shows off many antebellum homes that date back to the mid-1800s. Some of these landmarks are open for tours all year-round, while others only open their doors during the yearly Columbus Spring Pilgrimage.
- The Columbus Air Force Base runs the annual “Wings Over Columbus” air show, featuring military aircraft performing stupendous flying demos and on-the-ground displays. Don’t miss the United States Air Force Thunderbirds!
- Phone: 662-327-2020
Columbus, MS 39705
- Monday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed